This is my submission for NewsJack on the 11th of March, 2015.
My first ever one. At this point I wasn’t even confident of writing a 3rd ViewsJack! I also only wrote about 1 topic for the oneliners and I think this was a bad decision. The news article was Robin Thicke/Pharrell being sued by Marvin Gaye’s family about ‘Blurred Lines’.
- WHEN DOES IMITATING A SONG BECOME COPYING A SONG? IF ONLY WE HAD A PHRASE THAT COULD DESCRIBE THIS ‘GREY AREA’?
- PHARELL WILLIAMS HAS SAID HE WILL APPEAL AFTER BEING FOUND GUILTY OF COPYING ANOTHER SONG. IN A STATEMENT MADE AFTER THE COURT RULING HE SAID, “IS THIS THE REAL LIFE? OR IS THIS JUST FANTASY? CAUGHT IN A LANDSLIDE RULING, NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY….”
- ROBIN THICKE HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF COPYING…. MYSOGNISITIC VIEWS FROM THE 1980’S.
- MAN: I CAN’T BELIEVE CLARKSON HAS BEEN SACKED FOR PUNCHING SOMEONE. I WOULD HAVE BET MY LIFE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR YET ANOTHER RACIST COMMENT.
- WOMAN: UNLESS THE TV POLITICAL DEBATE BETWEEN CAMERON AND MILIBAND HAS AN X-FACTOR STYLE SING-OFF, I’M NOT WATCHING.
Look at those ViewJacks! They are so poor and hack I deserved to not have them performed!